Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct Loan - Pennsylvania **Updated 04/30/2019

YAY!!!!
Message 31 of 53
stinastina
Established Contributor

Can you give more details about what happens after your offer was accepted on your home ?

You ordered the inspection and did that include termite, etc ? Did you get a survey and if so, how much did that cost ? Does the inspection go back to you ? And if so, how did you send it to USDA ? Why did you have to get estimates for the repairs USDA required ?

Thanks !

BK7 Discharge 1/16
10/15 ~ EQ: 406; TU: 520
10/18 ~ EX: 666; TU: 646; EQ: 652
Message 32 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes after the offer was accepted I ordered a home and pest/termite inspection. I called around to a few local inspectors and scheduled a time for one of them to come out. It cost $375 for the home and pest/termite inspections. I was not required to get a home survey so I did not. The inspection was sent back to me and I e-mailed it to my rep at the USDA. After you send this to the USDA they send you a list of the required repairs that will be needed. Mine weren't anything that affected the safety of the home so I was told I could either get estimates on the repairs and those repairs would need to be finished within 12 months of closing or I could as the seller to fix the issues. There were a few things that came up in the inspection that needed fixed. I thought I had requested all of the repairs from the seller but I missed a couple. They were mostly easy fixes, a hand rail needed put on the steps outside heading into the basement. The outlets in the kitchen needed upgrade to GFCI, the eaves outside needed repainted, nothing structuraly wrong. The few I missed were I need to get estimates on how much it will cost to have someone come out and tell me the life expectancy on the furnace and air conditioner, and how much it will be to repair ONE shingle on the roof that needs a little tar from hail. If you have any other questions please let me know!!!

Message 33 of 53
stinastina
Established Contributor

Thanks so much ? Did you get a plot plan instead of the survey ? I'm glad your USDA people weren't picky with the inspection. I'm still waiting for an updated COE but I already told my realtor that I need a list of inspectors. Did you have to pay earnest money ? If yes, when did you pay yours ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 34 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I was not required to get a plot plan either. I am not sure if it's because property lines are very well distinguished because of a fence and it being a corner lot but I was not required to get that. I did have to pay earnest money of $1,000 I had to pay that when I made my offer. 

Message 35 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

05/13/19- Today I submitted my choice of closing agent as well as the quotes for the repairs that need done. I also submitted an insurance quote.
Message 36 of 53
stinastina
Established Contributor

Did you send your contract in right away or wait to send it in with inspection ? How long does it take to do the homeowners class ? Is it something I can watch on long drives ? Are there quizzes or tests in it ?

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 37 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did send in my contract right away. Then I scheduled the inspection. The homeowners class I am attending a group class that is 2 hours long on the 22nd. I was told there are no tests afterwards. This is a free class the ones online ranged from $75-$100 so I figured I would rather go to the class instead.
Message 38 of 53
stinastina
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I did send in my contract right away. Then I scheduled the inspection. The homeowners class I am attending a group class that is 2 hours long on the 22nd. I was told there are no tests afterwards. This is a free class the ones online ranged from $75-$100 so I figured I would rather go to the class instead.

So I don't have to choose an online one ? The COE made it seem like I had to choose between 2 online ones and they are both around $75 and 8 hours long ! I would rather do a free 2 hour one myself.

BK7 Discharge 1/16
Message 39 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was given a list there were 2-3 online ones. Then there was 2 community service agencies listed. I called them and they said that they offer the education there for free. I did call the USDA to make sure that the class I was taking is acceptable and they confirmed it was. 

Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.