Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct NJ

tag
tlavery
Contributor

Re: USDA Direct NJ

Best of luck to you.  I am waiting for one incorrect account to drop off my report so I can apply as well.  Thank you for sharing your process.

Message 41 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Good luck to you also!
Message 42 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: appraisal was supposed to be done Monday but appraiser was admitted to the hospital. He has rescheduled for tomorrow morning.
Sellers agent told my realtor seller is done and wants to cancel before hearing we got the new appointment. I don't know if she's going allow it to happen tomorrow. USDA rep says if it appraises for more we can up our loan amount to offset the costs seller is incurring because of the long required repair list. So if she'll continue to be patient we can offer her more for the house. We'll see.
Oneup17- how's your process going?
Message 43 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry things are going so slow, hopefully the appraisal happened this morning - do you know yet if the seller is going to sit tight and wait?

We are scheduled to close 7/25, got our closing disclosure on 7/17, signed it and sent it back. So far as I know we're in the clear and doing a walk through inspection tomorrow. I'm praying things go smoothly from here on out for us both!
Message 44 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Seller cancelled sale. I'm going to google her email and see if begging will help her give us more time. I'm so upset with USDA dropping the ball and my realtor not being on top of them. Usda rep won't contact my realtor for some reason. It didn't get anywhere until I started calling them.
Message 45 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Hopefully she'll relent. Your USDA rep is supposed to be in communication with your realtor, try reaching out to the supervisor.

If this doesn't work out, have you been peeking at other homes? There's literally no homes on the market in our price range. We had very little to choose from here. Keep us updated! It will all work out soon!
Message 46 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are so right. There is nothing good out that is in our range. Since our rep is extremely picky about repairs we can't buy most of the houses that we can afford. It's very frustrating when you get into the buying process. The approval process sounds great when you're told you can go up to $220,000 but in reality you can't unless you find a town with extremely low taxes and that's not happening in NJ.
Message 47 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, wish you luck!  I just learned about USDA loans last week and hope I get approved; I teach in a Catholic school and make around $28k, still live at home since I can't afford anything where I'd feel comfortable living.

Message 48 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you and good luck to you, Cauchy7!
No reply to the email I sent to what I think was the sellers email. I also forwarded it to her realtor with no reply there either.
My family is so upset over this. Also the fact that we are out $465 for an inspection. My realtor requested we be reimbursed but I doubt she will. How are low income people expected to get an inspection on every house they go under contract with the hopes of closing? I am so disappointed right now.
Message 49 of 95
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hindsight - I'm so sorry this is happening. But look at it this way - there is another home out there for your family, it might not even be on the market yet. Just watch, you'll find the perfect house - this one isn't meant to be. You've climbed the biggest hurdle in the home buying process - financing.
Message 50 of 95
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.