Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Direct application help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Direct application help

I've read alot of posts about the USDA direct loan process but am confused about a few things and hoped someone might be able to help. First, I emailed my local USDA office about the program and they emailed me a pre-qual. to print and mail them. I did that and noticed a week later a hard pull on my credit from them. This confused me because the full application package requests $35 for a credit check, if they already did a credit check why do they need $35 for another one? About a day after the credit pull I received the app package in the mail and on the first page it asks for property information, what do I put here? I haven't found a home yet because I don't know if I'm approved yet. Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Direct application help

My app had me start from section 3 i believe it was. The wonderful lady at my local office actually highlighted each section I had to fill out Smiley Surprised

If nothing else, give them a call. My experience with my local office has been nothing but positive to say the least. Things do move at the speed of government,  but as for the people I have dealt with, they have been fantastic.

Message 2 of 3
StarraeAday1
Regular Contributor

Re: USDA Direct application help

I'm in the middle of this process now. They will hard pull your credit once, probably from only one bureau, for the prequalification. Then when you submit the full application, you pay the $32 credit report fee that pays for them to pull a tri-merge report from all three bureaus, which results in a hard pull on each of the three bureaus. Just leave the property stuff blank. Hope this helps!

Foreclosure - June 2017
Ch. 7 BK - Discharged January 2018
6/2020 - EQ 680 | EX 691 | TU 707
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.