Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Eligibility Change Oct 1st

tag
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: USDA Eligibility Change Oct 1st

@Genkeim wrote:

My understanding is USDA has to be working on your file by Oct 1 IF the changes take place. If the changes don't happen, nothing changes and it's business as usual til March/Apr at the earilest

yes.

USDA has to approve the file by the Oct 1st...but odds are, they'll delay it another 6 months. 

Message 11 of 16
Peter1142
Established Contributor

The House passed a farm bill! Anyone have any info on the Census changes?

I can't really afford an FHA loan, paying $400 a month in PMI is ridiculous. Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 16
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:
The House passed a farm bill! Anyone have any info on the Census changes?

I can't really afford an FHA loan, paying $400 a month in PMI is ridiculous. Smiley Sad

I see no news anywhere indicating the farm bill was passed...link?

Message 13 of 16
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Ah I was looking at old news that the House passed a farm bill. It was in July. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/07/11/house-passes-stripped-down-farm-bill/2510185/

So I'm confused, both the House and Senate have passed their versions of a Farm Bill, might it actually get passed? Anyone have any news on this?

Message 14 of 16
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

Note from lender this morning

USDA Housing Program Eligible Areas

Implementation of the 2010 Census Data was scheduled for October 1, 2013, which would have modified the eligible rural areas for the RHS housing programs. 

The National Office of the Rural Housing Service has just sent this notice to State Offices:

“However, it now appears likely that in light of the proposed continuing resolution (CR), the RHS deferral of transition to the 2010 census will not expire on September 30, 2013 but will need to continue for some period after that. Consequently, all plans for implementing the 2010 Census, including three or five year periodic reviews, should be put on hold until further notice from the National Office. We will provide further guidance as soon as we can.”

Message 15 of 16
Peter1142
Established Contributor

That's nice, but the CR they were supposed to pass is only for 6 weeks.

It seems like our gov't is in full meltdown mode, getting a USDA loan right now seems kinda iffy, until we get some kind of solid 6+ month budget passed.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.