Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Full Audit nerves can't take more!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Full Audit nerves can't take more!

I just can't freaking win. Found out yesterday 3 days before we were to close that USDA has submitted my file for a full review audit. I just want to die. I can't handle anymore of this not knowing.

643 midscore

5/21 pre-approved for 190k 

5/22 we put offer on house 188k

5/24 offer accepted (negotiated a couple times)

5/26 went into full contract

Had a few back and forth minor conditions to be met nothing major proving 401k, and reserves, etc.

6/15 UW approved and sent to USDA for final approval should hear update on 6/22

6/27 Find out USDA selected for full audit review which is why we havent heard anything.

Freaking out because it's almost 2 weeks now with USDA and I didn't think an audit would take this long unless it's a decline.. Not to mention we are to close at 10:30 am Friday....

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Full Audit nerves can't take more!

Hang in there. The wait is awful, terrible, no good but it is all part of the process.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got the clear to close just now!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY!  congrats!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay!!! Congrats!!!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That was fast approval. How long ago did it go to usda? We are just waiting now.

Message 6 of 9
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just can't freaking win. Found out yesterday 3 days before we were to close that USDA has submitted my file for a full review audit. I just want to die. I can't handle anymore of this not knowing.

643 midscore

5/21 pre-approved for 190k 

5/22 we put offer on house 188k

5/24 offer accepted (negotiated a couple times)

5/26 went into full contract

Had a few back and forth minor conditions to be met nothing major proving 401k, and reserves, etc.

6/15 UW approved and sent to USDA for final approval should hear update on 6/22

6/27 Find out USDA selected for full audit review which is why we havent heard anything.

Freaking out because it's almost 2 weeks now with USDA and I didn't think an audit would take this long unless it's a decline.. Not to mention we are to close at 10:30 am Friday....

Pretty similar situation here - due to close next Tuesday, but I got a call from the loan officer today that my file had been flagged for a pre-closing audit. I'm self-employed and a first-time home buyer, so I can't say that I blame them. They basically wanted more than just my word that I've been in my line of work for at least two years (why all the tax returns I sent in didn't do this is beyond me). The officer suggested using 1099s as proof, so I sent in sets for two companies I've worked with forever; a set from the most recent three years, and another set from the same companies from 2003-2005 to demonstrate long-term employment. My loan officer said she thought this would be more than enough, so we'll see.

This, in spite of three 800+ FICO8 scores and a middle mortgage score of 790... Sheesh. And I'm only applying for 144K via a standard mortgage. I'm hoping that the underwriting gods deem my offering worthy and I can get this thing finalized before the holiday weekend. I'm not *hugely* worried, but these last-minute hiccups are definitely starting to shake my confidence.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

full audits are not just checking the applicant, they are checking the loan officer and the loan officer can get in big trouble if the items are not documented completely. For the most part USDA guaranteed depends on approved loan provider to do all the legwork and rubber stamps the majority of files sent over (from the handbook although rubber stamp is my word) so in order to assure quality control they will randomly full audit files submitted.
Message 8 of 9
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
full audits are not just checking the applicant, they are checking the loan officer and the loan officer can get in big trouble if the items are not documented completely. For the most part USDA guaranteed depends on approved loan provider to do all the legwork and rubber stamps the majority of files sent over (from the handbook although rubber stamp is my word) so in order to assure quality control they will randomly full audit files submitted.

Yeah, the loan officer said it was a 1-in-20 sort of thing. I *just* got the clear-to-close this morning, the last business day before the closing is scheduled. Yikes.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.