cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Guaranted Loan GUS approval (government underwriting system)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Guaranted Loan GUS approval (government underwriting system)

I am planning on applying for a USDA guaranteed loan after this government mess is cleared. I know of the home location and income qualifications and I qualify. My DTI ratio with the loan amount i would need would be about 24%, and the ratio with all expenses included would be about 33%. 

My credit score on Experian which says its FICO is 668, on credit Karma my transunion shows 683 equifax 682, says its a vantage 3 score.

No bankruptcy, collections etc, so i meet all underwriting criteria, just dont have enough downpayment for conventional without PMI insurance.

I have tried my best to understand the USDA underwriting guidelines but am not sure if with those credit scores I would get auto approval on the GUS system, or need the more lengthy manual underwriting. Homing someone with uderwriting knowledge and 2018 rules might be able to answer

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: USDA Guaranted Loan GUS approval (government underwriting system)

Welcome to MyFICO

This is what I found on Google:

USDA Loan Credit Score Requirements.
The USDA does not set a minimum credit score requirement, but most lenders require a score of at least 640, which is the minimum score needed to qualify for automatic approval using the USDA's Guaranteed Underwriting System (GUS). Nov 21, 2018

Of course, CK scores mean squat and you need your FICO mortgage middle score to know where you stand scorewise.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i go about getting that score, each term used  for a bunch of different scores is confusing

Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

You can purchase on MyFICO. Go to home page to see the different packages.

Or to get an idea of your FICO scores, go to Credit Check Total to get a 7-day trial for $1.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.