Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA LOAN and overtime pay

tag
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

USDA LOAN and overtime pay

I am looking to apply for a mortgage in the near future and would really like to go with a USDA loan. Problem is with my overtime pay calculated in, my income is too high to qualify. How does USDA factor in over time pay??

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Re: USDA LOAN and overtime pay

By the way I am shooting for USDA guaranteed. I don't know if that makes a difference or not

Message 2 of 10
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

is always worst c

It is always the highest amount for household income so even if the money cannot be used for eligibity they will count it when it comes to the max allowed.

Bacially if you make it they will count it - 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 10
Valued Contributor

Re: is always worst c

Right after responding I received a link for the new limits - maybe your state was one that changed 

here is a link to the new household income limits

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/hsf-guar_income_limits.html

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 10
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

For some reason the link is not working. It's taking me to outlook mail log in. 

So basically even if the over time is not guaranteed they will count it.

Message 5 of 10
Valued Contributor

sorry about the link - not sure what happened?

Yes for the income limits they will look at what was made regardless of what is guaranteed

B

Message 6 of 10
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Just copy & paste the URL rather than clicking on it.  It appears the URL that Brian linked was from a webmail application, thus it's forwarding you to log into that specific webmail account in order to access it.

http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/hsf-guar_income_limits.html is the direct link.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 10
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Thanks!  

One more question... do they use w2's to determine income or check stubs?

Message 8 of 10
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Paystubs and a verification of employment document that your payroll/HR department completes.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 9 of 10
earlyKY
Regular Contributor

Re: USDA LOAN and overtime pay

Thanks for your help! 90% of my over time comes from the summer months. So although I make a substantial amount more during those months it's not something that is steady throughout the year. I just hope that 4 months of overtime pay don't disqualify me from obtaining a USDA mortgage.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.