Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Mortgage....Should I be worried?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA Mortgage....Should I be worried?

Recently I applied for a USDA program mortgage and was preapproved with a middle score of 674 at the beginning of February. I am in the process of having a home built with a close date for July 19th. In the meantime, tiny issues keep arising that maybe were not considered at the time of preapproval, but will definitely matter to USDA since they are so strict with their guidelines.

My DTI ratios are wavering to the limit and if the mortgage interest rates continue to climb I may exceed the back end ratio. My question is, does anyone happen to know what the likelihood is of me getting granted a Debt Ratio Waiver with my ratios at 15.81%/43.37%, my middle score has rose to 684 and should continue to rise, my cash reserves will be at least 4500.00, I have been employed at my job for 6 years now, while I am aware that these are all compensating factors I still feel nervous that there is a chance I could still lose my eligibility at the 11th hour and may need to go FHA or conventional which will require at least an 8,000-9000 down payment.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA Mortgage....Should I be worried?

That’s a tough situation is there anyway you could lock the rate even if it costs some money
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they have an extended lock program but it’s not until 120 days so I have to wait until at least March to get my credit ran again and lock in the rate.
Message 3 of 5
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Keep that credit score above 680 and keep building your retirement savings and reserves and your chances of receiving the DTI exception waiver are certainly better than if you were < 680, but check with your LO and be ready if necessary.

Good Luck, we're all counting on you!

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for the encouraging words my mortgage loan originator is constantly saying everything will be fine and I have a new “what if” questions daily 😂. I would rather be over prepared than caught by surprise and there is such a wealth of knowledge on these forums I knew someone would have an answer and I thank you for taking the time....I will definitely keep my score rising if I can and building the reserves I’m hoping to close without touching my retirement savings. I will definitely update this post when I go to close in July!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.