Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA closing time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA closing time

Is it normal for USDA loans to take over 30 days to close? Our LO says we can't schedule the closing until the file ships to the USDA. Looks like everything else is done. We got underwriting approval. There was one thing in the house that had to be corrected and the appraiser has been back out and submitted the report saying it has been corrected.
There are several people that have to sign off on the selling of the house and a couple of them will be on vacation or working offshore the next couple weeks. 😩
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA closing time

Npberg ... in my case both the USDA and the VA took more than 30 days to close. Frustrating but, it seemed like the usual government (inefficiencies). Did not surprise me just made me mad! Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 3
JVille
Valued Contributor

Re: USDA closing time

The people working Off Shore can easily arrange a Power of Attorney thru the Escrow Company closing the transaction. They need to call the closing agent to make arrangements.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.