Did you mean: 

USDA income limit question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA income limit question

I have browsed the usda site and entered our income and it says eligible for
Section 502 Guaranteed Rural Housing Loan Program
But here's my question will they only consider base income or will they also consider overtime pay?

Income
Base weekly income $936.80 this year $45,153
Over time weekly $878.25 this year $32,310

Income limit for our area morganfeild ky is $98,000
We would be over this year (total made $103,533.13) with overtime included but not for the previous 2 years or before this is the most we've ever made and he has worked an extreme amount of overtime which isn't guaranteed he just works as many hours as he can and Saturdays which he doesn't have to.

Would be maybe be eligible? We'd live to get this loan instead of fha and I know the property we wants is eligible.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA income limit question

You have opposite wants as I. I have been told that overtime income can ONLY count if it has been consecutive for 2 years. In your case I would not worry about it. They will only use your base wage. Me on the other had I want them to count my overtime as income because it reflects my actual income.

USDA income limits in my area I was told was 75K.

Good Luck!!!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA income limit question

Call your local office. I am in the process of getting a 502 direct. I had questions and called. The woman who runs the RD in my area is awesome. I bombed her with questions because answers online are tough to find at times and in my experience just dead wrong.  Or if you really want to be anonymous call the 2nd closest office to you. Better to get the facts early than to get into the process (a waiting game in and of itself) then get booted and have to start over fresh with a different plan. From what ive read this exact question seems to be semi arbitrary. Some people get their overtime included and some dont, some on each side of the fence as you two are.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.