Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA loan and pending divorce

tag
UpmyscoreinFL
Frequent Contributor

USDA loan and pending divorce

Does anyone know if they count your spouses income if you are legally married? I am going through a separation and plan on trying to buy a house on my own. If we are not divorced yet do they have to include both incomes? We do make to much if they count his income. We are going to split custody 50/50 so I won't be including child support payments. We are just splitting expenses.
Equifax my fico 629
Transunion my fico 669
Experian fako 663
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Terrie1977
New Contributor

Re: USDA loan and pending divorce

It is to my understanding, his income would only be counted if he is going to be a co-borrower on the loan...

Biggest mistake of my almost divorced life is having 1 mortgage, one HELOC and one investment property and being a co-borrower on all three.

He is getting all three in the divorce because i dont want them but Im stuck renting until he refinances or remodifys to get my name off of them.

Good luck!

Current Score : 625 FICO 03/07/2012
05/11/2012 641 FICO
06/03/2012 671 FICO
06/18/2012 678 FICO
Message 2 of 3
SuzyStellar
Contributor

Re: USDA loan and pending divorce

My understanding, and I am in the process is you have to  include anyone who will be living in the homes income.  Since he will not be living in the home I don't think they will count his.  As far as child support goes they had me pull all of the support paid to me in the last year and show it to them.   I don't get the court ordered amount, so they are counting what I do recieve.  Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.