Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA loan in Florida

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA loan in Florida

Just a follow up!! 

USDA are really moving fast with their files! As of this morning 11/20 they are now reviewing files dated 10/3-10/10!!! Smiley Happy

That is a HUGE step from the previous weeks since they were usually on the same files for almost an entire week! They went from 10/3-10/8 yesterday to 10/3-10/10 today Nov 20th! FABULOUS!!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

This forum has been more informative than anything my husband & I have tried to find out.  We too are working with DR Horton.  We were initally told our closing date would be Oct 31, 2012.  The builder informed us they needed to delay us 2 weeks (Initially supposed to finish mid-Oct), so our loan application was also delayed being turned into USDA.  It was officially received Nov 5.  It took us calling/e-mailing daily to just get it turned in then.  The last I had heard was that USDA was taking approx 30-45 days.  We are new to the area, and have been needing to rent month to month in furnished housing.  We have a newborn son, 2 dogs, and 2 cats.  We are now coming upon the end of yet another month, and will also be homeless as of Nov 30.  My husbands job was providing temporary housing for us - but we have reached the max time limit of 90 days.  We will now have to pay to rent out of pocket.  I was really hoping to hear an approval by the end of the month, but it sounds like that definitely won't happen.  

Berrios94 - How are you finding out which loan apps they are working on?  Is there a number to call? 

I know God will provide, but it is a frustrating process! Prayers to everyone waiting to find out when they will be in their home for Christmas - and prayers to find temporary housing in the meantime!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome, ALrob! The USDA status line number is different for each state. Call your local USDA office and ask if there is a status line for your state. Hth's Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone!!

Welcome ALRob!

I am so sorry to hear you too have been having some difficulties with DR Horton. Smiley Sad

It has been a MAJOR ride for my husband and I. Since March!! We are FINALLY closing today at 11:00 am and the thought of it just brings tears to my eyes because we have truly been through some major issues with them for "falling asleep beind the wheel" so to speak!! We never thought we were actually going to make it! The lack of communication or misinformation from our loan officer was utterly the worst ever!! BUT, I am THANKFUL to our dear Lord for having been by our side through it all and that we are finally close to holding those precious keys in our hands right before Christmas!! Smiley Very Happy

As Christlike said, the numbers are different for each state. If you are in FL then the USDA hotline here is 352-338-3421. They update daily on what files they are reviewing for that day. This office brought in extra help last week Monday and I must say THAT made a huge difference for us! That is why we were concern they were never going to get to our file in time. Our credit report along with our locked interest rate was set to expire tomorrow!! Whew!! But here we are, anxiously waiting for 11am to get here, sign those papers, and GO HOME!!! Smiley Very Happy

If your file has already been sent to USDA, then all you can do at this moment is wait. Our file was submitted on Oct 9th and they were reviewing files with that date on Nov 19th, we got our phone call on Nov 21st, the day before Thanksgiving! Hang in there and remain optimistic, the nightmare will soon be over and you and your family will eventually be in your new home happy!!! GOOD LUCK!! Smiley Wink

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!! Smiley Happy

Emy

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emy,

As I type this, I'm praying that you are in the midst of signing all of the final paperwork and collecting the keys to your new home.  I just wanted to say congratulations again and thank you so much for being so active here on the boards.  God bless and keep you and yours, I pray (keep Him first in your life!)  Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Christlike!!

THANK YOU!! My family and I are ecstatic! Our closing went smooth and fast!! I was so emotional after receving the keys to our lovely home, and this was all thanks to our great Lord!! HE IS always first in our lives!!! Smiley Happy We will officially be moving in tomorrow since our furniture was not available for delivery until then. I will be enjoying this weekend putting up our first family christmas tree in our new home!! Smiley Very Happy

I pray that your time will come very soon and you too will be able to enjoy the same feeling I had enjoyed at our closing. Thank you again Christlike!!!

Have a wonderful, wonderful, weekend and God Bless!!! Smiley Happy

Sincerely,

Emy 

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Emy! That is amazing news! My husband & I have been praying we'll be able to get into our house before Christmas so out baby boy can have his first Christmas tree. It makes me so happy to hear that is what you'll be doing! The hotline stated today they were reviewing files through Oct 26! She said it was because they had requested extra assistance.

Christlike, I pray you will be in your home soon.
Thanks again for the info!
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there ALRob!

"Patience is a virtue", I had to stand by that during this long and frustrating process. I pray that the good Lord will bless you and your family with your home prior to Christmas! I know how important it is as a parent to be able to give something special to your little one Smiley Happy

USDA has imporved since they brought in the extra help two weeks ago. If your file was submitted on Nov 5th and USDA is on Oct 26th today, then I do believe there is a possiblity you will be in your new home before Christmas!! Please keep me posted as I enjoy hearing news of others being able to enjoy their new homes!!

I hope you and your family have a wonderful day and God Bless!!! Smiley Happy

Wamrest regards,

Emy 

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH! and THANK YOU on the congratulations!! It is truly appreciated!! Smiley Happy

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited

But we are hoping to be in the home that we are trying to buy soon!  We still have not been able to get ANY information (at all, zip, zilch, nothing).  Our LO says that he has tried to contact the lender to no avail.  We don't really understand why we can't get any information, but what can we do (besides rest in the Lord Smiley Wink )?

Just wanted to update a little (though really this is probably not helping anyone LOL Smiley Happy ).  I will update again as soon as we find something out. 

Post edited to remove content and link that violates myFICO TOS.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.