Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA waiting game

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USDA waiting game

This has been the looooongest process ever! I started the loan process in November 2012 for a USDA guaranteed loan. I was supposed to close in January, but my LO had not sent my application until January 25th. I have had 2 extensions for my closing date. I was supposed to close today, but what a surprise, I have not heard from USDA.
According to the hotline here in Fl, they have been on my date since Friday January 15th...and no word from they yet. I am hoping we get another extension..

Anyone else in a similar boat?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: USDA waiting game

I am in Central FL, too and my file was submitted to USDA on 01/25.  Got my call on Wednesday that I'm clear to close.  I was pulling my hair out and a nervous wreck.  Your call is coming.  I bet you hear from them by Monday.  Hang in there.  You are thisclose.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a small world! I also live in central Florida :-) I hope you are right...I find it so odd I haven't heard anything. Congrats on your home! When do you close?
Message 3 of 17
VanRickets
Established Member

For the buyer of our house, it took almost a year.  Our realtor had to keep resubmitting documents for the short sale each time that it expired.  The first approval was November 2011.  We closed in October 2012.

FICO 715 FAKO 739
Chase Freedom 14,500
Chase Slate 6,700
US Bank 14,500
Discover 15,000
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was terrified the whole time. I just knew something was going to go wrong. My house is a new construction and I didn't even want to go on my walkthrough because I was afraid we wouldn't be approved. Should close Wednesday. So for me that's one week after getting the clear to close call. Thank you tot congratulations. In just a few days I will be congratulating you. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm the same way! I don't like visiting my home because I don't want to get my hopes up. We signed documents last night requesting an extension til feb 28th, so hopefully it gets approved. I have called that hotline like a 100 times throughout this process.. literally lol
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know - I called every day! They have been saying 01/25 for two weeks now. I'm going to the house tomorrow to measure for drapes. I bet they call you Monday.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, according to the hotline, USDA is now reviewing files from 1/31-2/6. What happened to my phone call?? Smiley Sad They have passed my date of submission and I have heard nothing.
xx my fingers today is my lucky day.
Message 8 of 17
playboy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So, according to the hotline, USDA is now reviewing files from 1/31-2/6. What happened to my phone call?? Smiley Sad They have passed my date of submission and I have heard nothing.
xx my fingers today is my lucky day.

Your loan processor should have been in touch with you once they rec'd the file from USDA.  USDA had my file for 3 weeks.  The day it was sent back to my lender with the approval, the loan process gave me a call and said that I was good to.  I say get in contact with your lender and see what is going on.  It's likely that USDA in Gainesville could still have your file, but with the date having passed I doubt that they do.  

I closed on 2-21 and I did my walkthrough 2 hours before closing.  Very exciting and you'll be feeling that excitement soon.  Good luck.

Starting Score: EX 575/TU 534/EQ 570
Current Scores per Myfico: (As of 12-14-13) EX 690/EQ 685/TU 679
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was FINALLY able to speak to a USDA representative. They were not much help to me but they did tell me that my lender is able to contact the USDA office directly, which I was told they could not do.
I told my lender this and they were able to contact them. USDA said we should have something shortly.
...I hope it's an approval

@playboy thanks for the good luck! Congrats on your new home!!
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.