Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UW Denied Us after 2 rounds of conditions.... SOOOO UPSET

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: UW Denied Us after 2 rounds of conditions.... SOOOO UPSET

Congratulations for closing! I'm trying to keep my head up, I'll only allow myself a 24 hour pity party then it will be back to the grind to get this done. So exciting to hear that you closed after that. Definitely motivating!
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update.
I just received an email from my LO stating their account executive is reviewing our file with the VP. From what I'm gathering the UW made her decision based on her personal opinion instead of procedures. The new lender is still working on our file also, but the AE talked with the VP briefly about it and thinks the VP will go over the UW and approve the loan.... **bleep**. Has anyone ever heard of such things?
Message 12 of 22
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OP...this happened to us.  On our second mortgage, the loan processor/underwriter initially denied our loan for a very frivolous reason....this was after it took her days to even respond to my emails, my LO's emails, my LO's manager's.  She would only respond after we got a director/VP level involved.  It was a huge mess with her.  I ended up writing a complaint to the Director of Lending, and she took over my file....conditionally approved us within a couple of hours of my email.  we figured she was overwhelmed, and got pissed with us, and found any reason to deny and get us out of her hair.

the mortgage industry is subjective...

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that is exactly what happened. She wouldn't respond for days to anyone then when she did she would ask us for the same information. I'm being told on Friday that they reminded her we were supposed to close tomorrow and she said, "that's your problem". Then 45 minutes latee denied us. My LO is not giving me any specific time frames of course just saying he is hoping to have good news for us within the next several days. I'm really hoping something comes of this. One way or another. If you ads up everything this house has cost us so far, it's a just about 50k. My LO says it seems she penalized us for grabbing the bull by the horns and making it work. IDK. I hope our story ends like yours.
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so sorry to hear this is happening! You deserve a giant Blood Mary too, MrsWatts!

ultimate bloody mary.jpg

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I think I'll be having a few drinks tonight. I feel like I've been beat down for doing the right thing. Ugh! Drinks tonight for all!
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm kind of speechless....I am so sorry for the roller coaster they have you on right now! 

Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's just unbelievable... I guess the main denial reasons are because we CHOSE to have the irs payment taken directly out of his check instead of us paying it ourselves and because child support is taken out of his checks also. Those are the reasons we are not in a position to buy a home. UGH!!!!!
UNBELIEVABLE!
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you just get a 2nd denial from the same lender?? Have you heard any updates from the new one??

Message 19 of 22
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

MrsWatts,

I just had a couple of glasses of wine in your and gunslinger honor.

I'm sorry it's happening to you.

I know there can be rogue uw's out there, but it seems like the lender should have been more aware.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.