cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ugh.. Read if you dare.. and offer words of wisdom?

tag
dcw0405
New Contributor

Re: Ugh.. Read if you dare.. and offer words of wisdom?

Just wanted to give an update on this...

So last Thursday I mailed out my GW letter to American Eagle Outfitters.  I also (because I am in desperate need of getting this cleared up as soon as possible) emailed three CEO's at GE Money Bank because that's the bank that my American Eagle Outfitters credit card is through.  I emailed them Sunday.  Over the entire weekend, I made four phone calls to AE asking them to remove the derog.  No luck!  I even emailed them directly through the AE website with no responses.  FINALLY, last night I went through Planet Feedback and copied and pasted my emails I sent to the CEO's and sent them to both American Eagle Outfitters and GE Money Bank.  I even faxed my letter to GE Money Bank's corporate fax number that I got off the BBB website.

At 12:30pm today I received a phone call from a Ms. Becky at American Eagle Outfitters credit services explaining to me that they received my e-mail and that they are getting rid of all of my derogs on my account.  She explained that this will be updated today through the three credit bureaus and I will also recieve a confirmation in the mail within 7-10 business days.

DON'T LOSE HOPE!  This is my first GW experience and I probably got lucky.  Although, I contacted them like crazy and even resorted to emailing the CEO's.  Not sure which method actually got them to remove the derogs but all I can say is I tried every single route.

Yay!!  This has definitely made my day.

Starting Score (01/31): EQ: 609; TU: 641 EXP: 641
Current Score (09/02): EXP 724; TU: 710; EQ: 700
Goal Score:Over 750, PLEASE!! Smiley Happy

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

A big HUGE congratulations!!!

It takes persistence...and you did it. You say that you "probably got lucky." No way...you earned this one!

Message 12 of 14
dcw0405
New Contributor

Woohoo!! I just pulled my TransUnion FICO score and saw an increase of 51 points!!!  My AE late payment was finally removed!!  Now I'm at 629, which is just past the necessary 620 requirement!!  Now, I just need to wait for my EQ to report the removal of the late payment as well.  EQ is at 604 so with the removal of the late pmt hopefully that will also go past 620.  Yay!!!!!!!!!

Starting Score (01/31): EQ: 609; TU: 641 EXP: 641
Current Score (09/02): EXP 724; TU: 710; EQ: 700
Goal Score:Over 750, PLEASE!! Smiley Happy

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Fingers crossed that it will happen soon!
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.