Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underwriting Purgatory, AGAIN!

tag
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Re: Underwriting Purgatory, AGAIN!

@notmyj wrote:

My file is updating as I type... I can view the current status of my loan on a website. Everytime the UW makes a change, accepts and clears, begins reveiwing, or requests more info, the web the web site up dates. I decided to go spend some time at the local smoke shop and have a cigar and check up on things. Literally, I have been refreshing the page watching things being marked "Cleared" as the UW is going through my file.... I never thought a mortgage could be this exciting!!!  at 1:47 PM today, the Appraisal was accepted and "cleared" now they are knocking out the bank statements, LOE's and other documents they have.

I'm getting antsy and cant wait to get this done... Especiall considering I just put a fridge on my moms lowes card in anticipation of the closing. Allow me to explain, the fridge was a special order that came in with a small dent on the rear corner. it was refused but the store was stuck with it, so they marked it down from $2700 to $1400 to move it quickly. They said they couldnt hold it, but I could buy it. My seller is providing me $2500 in Lowes gift cards to replace the current fridge and dishwasher. So I will return the fridge (which isnt going to leave the store until I close) then immediately rebuy it with gift cards right after closing. My GF is happy as its teh fridge of her dreams and its her B-day. lol.

Good luck everyone! I hope every ones files make through and get closed quickly!!!

WOW!  I am completely jealous of that feature!! Who is your lender? 

My 2nd LO just emailed and said nothing from the UW just yet.  Not sure if that is good or bad.  I was supposed to be in the "priority club" thing the bank offers.  Guess since I don't know exactly when the LO submitted the file, I can't be too antsy.  I sure would like to know something for sure by the weekend.  The weekends are the worst not knowing anything and not getting any updates!

Message 11 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

It is being proccessed by Coldwell Banker Mortgages, but will be sold prior to the first payment being due as they dont service USDA loans. The website, oddly enough, is www.mortgageloanstatus.com. I log in and it gives me a detailed itemized list of what is needed, what is pending review and what has cleared. The list is even seperated by what I need to do and what they need to do and updated accordingly. Gotta love this technology....but its agonizing too. I find myself cheking it non stop during the day and even at night though nothing will change after hours....I keep looking at the "cleared list" with a small sense of accomplishment, thinking, "At least this stuff wont blow up in my face." I am looking at one condition the requires documents, but I have sent the docs so I am hoping they will clear it today and get underwriting approval by the end of buisness today....The cigar and rythym and blues in teh background seem to help me stay calm though. Smiley Wink

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 12 of 14
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Yep, it's pretty exciting as it is.  But with a visual play-by-play - that's even better!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 14
notmyj
Regular Contributor

Got a lengthy email from the proccessor, stating that the file came back from UW. Right now they need 3 things.

- The local court to verify that a tax lien is paid/released

- Title work to come back

- Minor contract change needs to be made, nothing major, should be done in one day.

The proccessor is suprised that I am this far along this quickly with me sending docs in within an hour of request that he moved the closing date from 1/6/12 to 12/23/11. I am so excited that I might actually get my house for Christmas! 

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.