cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy With Veterans United Lighthouse Program- Anyone know about breaking the agreement?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unhappy With Veterans United Lighthouse Program- Anyone know about breaking the agreement?

Thank you so much for the info, I will email her in a few min. Good luck to you and have a great day.

Bobby.

Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unhappy With Veterans United Lighthouse Program- Anyone know about breaking the agreement?

I found the light house program to be stupid  and they connected with me with them twice. But Veterans United has been great after I got preapproved. Oh course I am OCD with them and I ask for status twice a week and provide requested document within an hour

Message 12 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bobby- just saw your last question.  No, their requirements were lower than Veterans United- don't remember what they were but they were lower than 620.

Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of the west will go down to a 580 but they make you go to full underwriting with that score before you know if they will pre-approve you

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

My nephew just bought a house and before he was approved the lender said in order to get your score to a 620 very fast this is what you need to do. Apply for a $300 secured credit card and use it every day for gas,food, whatever.Then as soon as you buy something then transfer a payment for that amount to the card from your checking account or whatever account you would normally use.h E said he did it and in a month and a half his score rocketed up to Atleast the 620 and they have moved into their new home.Ive gotta try that, sure can't hurt anything.
Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

one more question, what was the interest rate with the peoples bank?

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, that was awhile back and I'm sure interest rates have changed a lot since then but it seems like it was 3.7 or something like that... I just remember it was lower than what we would have gotten it through the other places we checked.  My advice would be to check around and see what the going interest rates are and then see what they offer you.  We found zillow.com to be really helpful in finding info like that and for searching for houses too.

Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the Lighthouse program and my experience was good, my rep told me what i should do and it worked. I've since been pre-approve for a home loan and we are now i the under writing process. I think it all depends on the rep you get, ours just happen to be pretty good , you do have to kind of stay on them but i would imagine you would want to since this should be something that is very important you.

Message 18 of 29
mommy2cooper

This program was of no assistance. We did get a call back and set up with the program...we did everything asked, but in the end we never heard another peep form anyone. I did it all on my own.

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, I am surprised to read the comments about the lighthouse program. I just joined a month ago. My rep had me pay two medical bills and ask to have them removed. They were eventually removed. Now I am working on getting my credit usage down to 20%. What I don't like is that all of my creditors do not regularly update my balances to the credit bureaus and lighthouse sends me a email to say that my balances are not going down despite me throwing about $1000/mo on them. Lighthouse doesn't guarantee preapproval even if you follow everything they tell you to do. I had the Experian fico app on my phone but my score was racing up and down that I couldn't take the anxiety so I deleted it. I never got higher than 609. It went 587 to 609 and now back to 588. I do feel disappointed and I have PTSD too. I am beginning to think I may never make it into a home.
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.