cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhappy With Veterans United Lighthouse Program- Anyone know about breaking the agreement?

tag
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Unhappy With Veterans United Lighthouse Program- Anyone know about breaking the agreement?

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow, I am surprised to read the comments about the lighthouse program. I just joined a month ago. My rep had me pay two medical bills and ask to have them removed. They were eventually removed. Now I am working on getting my credit usage down to 20%. What I don't like is that all of my creditors do not regularly update my balances to the credit bureaus and lighthouse sends me a email to say that my balances are not going down despite me throwing about $1000/mo on them. Lighthouse doesn't guarantee preapproval even if you follow everything they tell you to do. I had the Experian fico app on my phone but my score was racing up and down that I couldn't take the anxiety so I deleted it. I never got higher than 609. It went 587 to 609 and now back to 588. I do feel disappointed and I have PTSD too. I am beginning to think I may never make it into a home.

Hi Priceless963,

You need to start working with a lender who will actually help you get your scores up instead of passing you off to someone else. For example: When you pay down a credit card, I can order a rapid re-score & have updated scores in 3-5 days instead of waiting 30 days for your creditors to report the new balances.

You do not need a 620 or better score to get approved for a VA mortgage.

See this post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Lenders-for-VA-loan-with-597-mid-score/td-p/4945735

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unhappy With Veterans United Lighthouse Program- Anyone know about breaking the agreement?

They changed the wording recently. That statement is no longer there. I tried the program in 2014 but had a personal issue arise and had to take out a personal loan. Anyway I resigned up with them in March and it was no longer there. I don't think the statement was all together legal. Now it just says you will consider them. As a consumer you have a right, no a duty, to shop around. I would highly encourage you to check the other thread. I have also had hit and miss service with this program.
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you please send me the PM as well?  We've working with United Verterans Lighhouse and need 26 points to pre-qualify with a middle score of 620.

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please PM the list as well.  We've been working with United Veterans and they told us we needed 26 points to pre-qualify for a middle score of 620.  Each time I talk to them about the lighthouse program they need the same information I have already provided to them. We feel like we are in revolving process not getting anywhere.  

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What company diid you use, and who did you use for crdeit repair?

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried in Feb to get a loan and was referred to the Lighthouse Program by Vet United.

I didn't really feel they helped me a whole lot.  Most of the work I did was from here.  Paying off old things, Goodwills.  Payment structures.  Establish new credit.    Reading on here and learning I felt helped 1000% more than Lighthouse.

I closed in July with Veterans United, but other than the weekly calls to check in and their free service to request a new credit score faster, I question the usefulness.   

The agent I worked with did say that I seemed to have a good handle on my situation and what I was doing, so perhaps I did not get the full treatment though.  Just my 2 cents. 

Message 27 of 29
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What company diid you use, and who did you use for crdeit repair?

Hi Nelz47,

You don't necassirly need a credit repair company depending on what's affecting your scores.

You do not need a 620 or better score to get approved for a VA mortgage.

See this post:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Mortgage-Loans/Lenders-for-VA-loan-with-597-mid-score/td-p/4945735

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did you end up going through for your home loan? We’re where you were a while ago and we’re not quite at 620-smh-but if lighthouse isn’t what we want to do what are our other options for less than perfect credit? Thanks!
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.