cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreported mortgages and credit bureau treatment.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unreported mortgages and credit bureau treatment.

I have two long established mortgages.  That are not on the credit report and I don't know why.  There has not been a late payment since about 2012.  I have no other mortgages.  Should I request that they be placed on my credit report?  Will that positively or negatively effect my scores?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Unreported mortgages and credit bureau treatment.

If they eventually do report, it should only add the last 7 years payment history so it should have a positive impact on your credit scores.  You can request them to report but they are not obligated to, they just need to report accurately if they choose to report.  Are your mortgages with a small bank or CU?  If so, I've found some of those choose not to report to the credit bureaus unless there is delinquent payment history (so they punish for missing a payment, but don't reward for on time payments) but each creditor is different.  If the mortgages are with a private/hard money lender then it's doubtful they'll ever report, as often those types of lenders don't have the capacity to do so.  Lastly, reporting to the credit bureaus costs the creditor money, so that may be another reason why your mortgage company has chosen not to report.  

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unreported mortgages and credit bureau treatment.

Thank you.  Good information.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.