Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update to No FICO score/Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update to No FICO score/Mortgage

We were preapproved yesterday for a mortgage with no FICO score (we closed everything about 8 yrs ago to see if we could live without debt, didn't realize my score would go away). We have 3 tradelines on the CRs but they aren't 6 months old until Dec, no negative anything.  I provided 2 years of bank statements, bills/receipts for cell phones, internet service, rent, etc. They only requested 12 months but I keep paperwork and it is always organized so I thought it would be better to give them all the info and let them discard what they didn't want or need. I also provided 3 letters from the above monthly bills stating that we had been on time and not late for the past 24 months (again they asked for 12 months). 2 years of tax statements also.

I voluntarily provided mutual fund info, 2 other bank accts and their statements. I was able to show that in the spring we bought a 2 yr old SUV in cash and how I had made "payments" to myself for a little over a year to accomplish that.

So, it all went to the underwriter (actual person, not automated) and it was quickly approved. In December we will have a credit score again so we'll see where they start us out and go from there. Oh, the mortgage is for a conv mortgage, not VA (husband is active duty) or FHA.

So there is hope for those of you without a credit score and wanting a mortgage.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Update to No FICO score/Mortgage

Nice going.  How much of a down payment do you have?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

Re: Update to No FICO score/Mortgage

What type of lender underwrote the loan?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.