Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent help need for chapter 7 bankruptcy and mortgage application

tag

Re: Urgent help need for chapter 7 bankruptcy and mortgage application

@ShanetheMortgageMan wrote:
I laid it out in my first response

I should have worded my response better.  I followed your instructions from the first post and found the county website with all of the deeds.  I searched the database and I found the deed from when I first purchased the condo in 2005 and the only other deed I saw was the latest in Feb of 2022 from the mortgage company finally selling the condo.  

I was just thinking out loud and wondering if I should be alarmed that there wasn't a 3rd deed around the time of my bankruptcy discharge to further show additional seperation of my name and the property but whats the point when the property was legally surendered within chapter 7.  Furthermore, even if there was a 3rd deed I'm still waiting the 4 years from date of discharge for the conventional loan and my mortgage broker said my situation qualifies for the guidance where the aging period is from discharge date not when my name was removed from the deed.

You also mentioned It's unlikely it took them nearly 4 years to foreclose, but anything is possible but it did indeed happen in my case and I've always heard that it was/is a very common problem, probably far and few between from the average perspective because bankruptcies aren't that common and then out of the bankruptices that do exsist how many properties were really sat on for years.  I suppose there was enough people complaining to where this guidance was devised and implemented.

I should probably just be happy I supplied the deed paperwork and I'm not being told its not enough.  I'm so accustomed to nothing working out I'm just reading into everything too much and taking the silence on the deed matter to be negative rather than positive.  I'm doing my best not to harass and barrage this new mortgage broker with pointless questions and I know we need to take this one step at a time.  First I need to supply the chapter 7 bankruptcy paperwork from the law firm then give the broker a day or two to proceed with everything to see what the results are and only then can I ask where we stand and how things look.  If I ask now the broker is just going to say "I need paperwork, I'm waiting on paperworking, you know I'm waiting on the paperwork and we're kind of in a pause like what do you want me to tell you aside from that".

I emailed my bankruptcy law firm's paralegal and the main email address for the law firm then waited 4 hours then called and left a voicemail telling them I apologize but I need assistance sooner rather than later.  I don't want to piss them off either.  I'm not even being productive here I'm just typing novels for posts and talking in circles.... I'll give it a rest for the evening.

Message 21 of 22
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Urgent help need for chapter 7 bankruptcy and mortgage application

I'd still call the county, the online deed search system websites can be finicky.  I'm not a real estate or bankruptcy attorney, but it seems odd to me that a bank can sell a home if they aren't the seller.  In that situation, if we were the lender helping the buyer, our underwriter would have questions on who legally owns the home.  

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.