cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA 100% Cash Out Refi, How Do I get Money?

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

VA 100% Cash Out Refi, How Do I get Money?

I am slated to close on my VA 100% cash out refi on Friday afternoon. I should be getting around 21K back after 2900 in closing costs and 1500 placed in the new escrow account. I got an interest rate of 3.5%. Even with the cash out my payments will remain at exactly what I pay now with the interest rate drop. I'm going from a 4.125 to a 3.5. What I did want to know is would I recieve a check at closing for the 21K or will it be wired to an account of my choosing?

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: VA 100% Cash Out Refi, How Do I get Money?

Usually for a refinance there is a three day waiting period after you close before the lender will disburse. This is for your benefit to allow you time to change your mind Smiley Tongue

As to the method, you can request a wire to your account from the title co that is closing the refi or get a check.

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

you can go pick up the check after the 3 day recision period.

i would just leave a voided check and let them wire the funds to your account.... beats a trip back up there and having to go to the bank

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Do the wire transfer, the funds will be available to you immediately.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.