Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Jumbo Loan Question

tag
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Re: VA Jumbo Loan Question

Hmmm..ok. We are actually waiting on the specifics from our "potential" lender on what our options are. But he did mention the jumbo loan without much detail but will give us a few GFEs on VA, VA jumbo, Texas Vet, and conventional on a $400-450 loan.
Message 11 of 13
merc64
Valued Member

@Gladius wrote:

I have a question for the experts here.  Really just a confirmation on if this info is correct or not.  If we want to use a VA jumbo loan on a $430K purchase, is it true that we only have to pay a down payment of 25% of the difference between the VA max of $417K and $430K ($13K)?  Which would be $3250.  Thanks in advance.

According to all the literature I've read you are correct about the 25% down for jumbo loan (VA  specific). However, different lenders may have different requirements so the 25% rule will be relative to your situation. I looked into this when looking at houses but it didn't have to go this route due to final price of home. 

Message 12 of 13
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

Thank you merc64.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.