cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA Mortgage pre-approval with Defaulted Student loan consolidation? CAIVRS...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA Mortgage pre-approval with Defaulted Student loan consolidation? CAIVRS...

Hello,

I'm hopeful that you can assist me with a contact number to be removed from the CAIVRS system. I just paid off a defaulted federal student loan in full that showed in the system and would like to be removed out of the system ASAP.  What is the fastest way to make this happen? Should I contact Dept of Ed directly? If so, do you have a direct number specifically for this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Message 11 of 27
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: VA Mortgage pre-approval with Defaulted Student loan consolidation? CAIVRS...

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

I'm hopeful that you can assist me with a contact number to be removed from the CAIVRS system. I just paid off a defaulted federal student loan in full that showed in the system and would like to be removed out of the system ASAP.  What is the fastest way to make this happen? Should I contact Dept of Ed directly? If so, do you have a direct number specifically for this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Jusmom81,

What type of mortgage are you going to apply for, FHA, VA, USDA or conventional?

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for replying!  It is a FHA loan.

Message 13 of 27
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for replying!  It is a FHA loan.

Are you already under contract & working with a lender or are you trying to clear the CAIVRS up before starting?

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had just started underwriting and my lender pulled the CAIVRS first.  At this point Im consiedered denied until I get a cleared CAIVRS. Everything else looks good regarding my credit, income etc.  I've paid the loan in full but need it cleared in CAIVRS asap.

Thank You

Message 15 of 27
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had just started underwriting and my lender pulled the CAIVRS first.  At this point Im consiedered denied until I get a cleared CAIVRS. Everything else looks good regarding my credit, income etc.  I've paid the loan in full but need it cleared in CAIVRS asap.

Thank You

Have you called your local congressman's office?

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

No, I havent. How do you recommend I contact them in the state of GA? What do I provide to them?

Message 17 of 27
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

No, I havent. How do you recommend I contact them in the state of GA? What do I provide to them?

Look up who's district you live in & call their office. When someone answers the phone tell them your situation.

Generally the congressman's office will in turn call HUD and HUD will suppress your info so your lender can pull a new CAIVRS.

When the lenders pulls the new CAIVRS it will be clear.

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 18 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so very much! You have been very helpful! Hopefully this gets cleared asap!

Message 19 of 27
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you so very much! You have been very helpful! Hopefully this gets cleared asap!

Good luck & let us know how it goes.

CAIVRS Expert.
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.