Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA foreclosure and new home loan

tag
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

VA foreclosure and new home loan

Some of you have followed my credit journey for the last couple years watching my score climb from foreclosure to its current score. Anyways, I pulled my certificate of eligibility recently and the VA's letter stated:

"You do not meet the requirements for restoration because the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) suffered a loss of: $19,425 in connection with your prior loan(s) and the loss has not been fully repaid. Information concerning repayment of this loss may be obtained by contacting the Regional Loan Center.
Although we cannot restore the entitlement you previously used, the enclosed Certificate of Eligibility shows your remaining Loan Guaranty Entitlement. You may be able to use this remaining entitlement to obtain another GI Loan, depending on the amount of entitlement you have and the loan requested. Talk to lenders in your area to explore this possibility.""

In addition they provided me with the following, which says my basic entitlement is $0

SIsws92.jpg

1) Is this correct? I am charged $36,000 entitlement for a $19,425 loss?

2) Does this mean a VA loan is only possible if I repay the $19,425 to the VA?

3) Or can I tap into the second tier entitlement by purchasing a minimum $144,000 house? If this is the case, are there any differences between basic and second tier entitlements that would affect me?

2 REPLIES 2
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: VA foreclosure and new home loan

Message 2 of 3
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: VA foreclosure and new home loan

Hi JagerBombs89,

No, you do not have to repay the 19k in order to use your VA entitlement again.
Yes, you can tap into the 2nd tier entitlement to buy again as long as the price is over 144K.

Feel free to PM me for help.
VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.