cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA home Loan

tag
fico-newbie33

VA home Loan

Does anyone know the cutoff credit score in order to qualify for a VA home loan?

Any veterans out there?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: VA home Loan

There is no minimum score requirement put into place by VA, however some lenders require a 530, 550 or 580 score, just depends on the lender.  There are still lenders who do not require a specific score though.  How has your credit history been for the last 12 months?  Any BK's or foreclosures within the last 3 years?
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
fico-newbie33

No Bankruptcies, no foreclosures.

I got a couple of lates, one 30 day late, one 60 day late..that shows pays as agreed and $0 balance.
-settlement after charge-off from chase, showing $0 balance
-120 days +late BOA, thats going to paid off...I paid it off in settlement
-I never missed a single payment on my first mortgage for 2 yrs
-I never missed a car payment for my loan o f 5 yrs

Credit score are as follows:
EX 545
EQ 556
TU 576
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Assuming those are within the last 12 months, unless you get an automated approval from underwriting, you are going to have to wait until those are 12 months in the past.  If they are over 12 months old then you should be OK to get a VA loan using a manual underwrite.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.