Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA loan approval odds.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA loan approval odds.

I've started a new home build, nov2019 and was preapproved from guaranteed rates $350,000 and 40k down payment for a purchase price of 390k.  My credit score was at the time 690 680 670.  Long story short my credit score dropped significantly.  580s. I had to switch lenders.. My closing date is August 14. I went with Quicken Loans and they were able to do a rapid rescore after I paid off a navy federal balance off  4700$ cc and a 240$ Military star card. Equi 633 trans 696 and exp 590( hasn't updated yet.)  I also had a miss payment on my military star card, 30 day late in jun2020. All of my balances are $0.  I have a car payment of $325/mo and income of 52k a year. no collections or bankruptcy on my report. I do have 1 NSF on my bank statement from june2020. 

The loan estimate is 10k down and 2.33% with .5 pts and paying off my car with a balance of 7k 

I have 36k in savings.  And will use 40k in gift funds to pay for closing and down payment.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA loan approval odds.

Update: va is wanting me to put 5% down, unless I get my score up 7 pts( from 633)

Message 2 of 3
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: VA loan approval odds.

@Anonymous wrote:

Update: va is wanting me to put 5% down, unless I get my score up 7 pts( from 633)

Hi @Anonymous,

VA is not the one requiring you to put 5% down unless you get your score up to 640. That is Quicken's requirement & if they're telling you differently, they're being intentionally dishonest.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.