Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA loan question

tag
edcampbell613
Contributor

Re: VA loan question

Looks like you are on track, 

Pest inspection is required by VA, the seller/builder has to provide that doc, not you.

Message 11 of 15
Wovenyarn
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello All,

I'm currently in the process of purchasing a home using a VA Loan with United Veterans Home Loans. I just have a few concerns. Not really sure where we are at in the process.

We started the pre approval process on 9/24/2015. Sent every document I have, literally, application, pay stubs, offer letters from my job i just started on 9/8/15, W2's and tax returns for the previous 3 years, deed to a piece of property I own. You name, I sent it. I wanted to be as prepared as i possibly could. My husband is currently active duty Marine Corp and I'm the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications at a Community College where we live. We have a combined income of 90K (monthtly $7427), credit score 665 and 676, DTI of 48% and have about $3000 left over a month after all is paid. No deliq on credit report and only 1 late ever of 30 days on my husbands Motorcycle, which was because the draft date got screwed up. On 9/25/2015 we were pre approved for 180K. Found a brand new home for $128,900, put down $500 earnest money and submitted offer contract to UVHL on 10/1/15 and it was accepted. Appraisal is ordered for this week sometime, don't know exact date yet. Last thing i heard from my LO was on Friday 10/2 and I was copied on a email to the seller from my LO asking for pest report and title company. I emailed yesterday regarding an update on where we are in the process and haven't heard back. Can anyone shed an light. I'm chomping at the bit here and just really nervous. Any ideas of what's going on?  Are we in the processing stage? One more thing, I saw where they pulled another copy of my and my husbands credit report on Friday.

Thanks!!!

Are you using Veternas United Home Loans?  I'm not 100% sure from what you typed.  If so...Has your loan went to Processing yet?  I recently closed using VU and my loan was in Processing when the Appraisal was ordered.  Having said that it was so much easier to reach my Loan Processor than it was my LO and he always had the most up to date information.  If you're in Processing, reach out to your Processor.  If you aren't, you can talk to the Consumer Advocate Group at VU and they will get you a status.

Freedom $3k, DCU $5k, BoA Rewards $1k, BoA Americard $2k, Barclay's Ring $3k, Cap 1 Plat $2k, QS1 $2k, Discover IT $500, Lowe's $10k

Scores: EQ 687, TU 709, EX 692
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Veterans United. I the appraisal is to be completed today, if not, already. I'm assuming now from you statement, I'm in processing.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found out yesterday our appraisal is complete, we are go on that. My loan just came out of processing and there are only a fews items i had to clarify to get sent to underwriting. Should be going to underwriting pretty soon.

Message 14 of 15
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Just to clarify, VA waives the funding fee if you have a service connected disability rating of 10% or more.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.