cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA mortgage needed

tag
HomeWanted

VA mortgage needed

We live in Colorado and are looking for a VA lender that will accept a credit score of 620. My score is above 640 but my husband’s average score is below a 640. We have paid off all our credit cards and removed all the negative items that can be removed. There are no more credit repair options. He was above teh 640 mark and since the cleanup, his score fell. We want to get locked into an interest rate as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: VA mortgage needed

@HomeWanted wrote:

We live in Colorado and are looking for a VA lender that will accept a credit score of 620. My score is above 640 but my husband’s average score is below a 640. We have paid off all our credit cards and removed all the negative items that can be removed. There are no more credit repair options. He was above teh 640 mark and since the cleanup, his score fell. We want to get locked into an interest rate as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance

*** It's not the average score that the lender requires - it is the mid score. So, for example, if your husband's scores are 590, 620 and 625; then the mid score is 620.

Have you have your credit pulled by a lender yet or are you using some other service to determine your FICO scores?

Message 2 of 5
HomeWanted

His mid s score is 610. We just paid off 4 credit cards last week which have not reported yet
Message 3 of 5
Darius1976
New Contributor

I am certain that a VA loan requires a mid-score of at least 620.. Try Navy Federal Credit Union. They are flexible.

$7500____________$5000____________$9000____________$2000____________$1800____________$5500
Message 4 of 5
HomeWanted

Tahnk you. We had our credit pulled by the lender today and his mid score is a 675. The scores we paid from from Equifax were way lower. Spo we are good to go.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.