Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA rehab loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VA rehab loan

Hello everyone,

I'm due to return home by the end of the month. I have been contracting for the military for the last year and some change in Africa and I'm ready to buy my first home. I just ordered my new scores and my middle score is 641. I've been looking for fixer-uppers in the Houston area. Does anyone know any rehab VA lenders that they can point me to? Originally I was working with Veterans United months ago but now I don't meet their 660 across the board scores. I'm finally doing AZEO and my last CC will be updated around the 25th of this month. Also originally I was approved for 250k. I'm trying to stick somewhere in that range.

2 REPLIES 2
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Re: VA rehab loan

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm due to return home by the end of the month. I have been contracting for the military for the last year and some change in Africa and I'm ready to buy my first home. I just ordered my new scores and my middle score is 641. I've been looking for fixer-uppers in the Houston area. Does anyone know any rehab VA lenders that they can point me to? Originally I was working with Veterans United months ago but now I don't meet their 660 across the board scores. I'm finally doing AZEO and my last CC will be updated around the 25th of this month. Also originally I was approved for 250k. I'm trying to stick somewhere in that range.

Hi @Anonymous,

Unfortunately VA recently issued a Circular that basically shut down the VA renovation program for the foreseeable future.

https://www.benefits.va.gov/HOMELOANS/documents/circulars/26_20_13.pdf

10. Alteration and Repair Loans. Appraisers are to suspend any alteration and repair assignments until further notice.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VA rehab loan

@VALoanMaster Thanks for that great info. I guess my plan is nixed for a while, but I don't like "until further notice". Guess its time to look at homes that's turn-key already.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.