Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venting

tag
tsu1112
New Contributor

Re: Venting in Texas

Thanks Blackhawks! I know I just have to be patient and it will come.

Message 11 of 16
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Try to hang in there. I'm in Florida, and it took me 7 tries to finally get a contract accepted. I offered over list price on at least two or three homes as well, and still had a tough time. I'm also using USDA guaranteed financing, and I think some shy sellers away from it just as they do FHA or VA. I'm running into a few roadblocks with the home I am under contract to purchase, but I'm hoping everything will work out.

Don't give up- I know it's disheartening and frustrating to keep losing out on homes you want, but you have to put that aside and keep trying. The market has definitely picked up, and is not the buyers market everyone believes it is. I'm learning that it takes thick skin and some tenacity to win in this market. Hang in there- you'll find the right house, at the right time, and everything will just fall into place.

Message 12 of 16
OilFieldEngineer
Contributor

OP I would goto a builder that has inventory homes I also live in the woodlands area and am there because I am in oil and gas. My apartment got flooded due to a utility line breaking and I was staying in a hotel with all my stuff that wasnt ruined in storage (my insurance companies dime). I was able to work with highland homes at Harmony Subdavision and they made me a great deal on the home and their lender was able to process my loan. I am not going with VA but I had some special circumstances they had to keep going back and forth with underwriting with prior to sending docs. I just passed first round of conditions and am anxiously waiting clear to close. The home is done and all that remains is to close so my stuff can be moved in. 

If you want contact info for the person I went through I am happy to provide she is a sweetheart and really will go the extra mile to get you in a home. In either sense best of luck. 

Current Scores 738 EQ (FICO 02/15) 745 EX (Lender Pull FICO) 768 TU (FICO 02/15)

4% Utilization on 180k Total Available Creditlines

AMEX Platinum - NPSL, AMEX HH - 2.5k, BofA Travel Rewards - 25K, BofA 123 Cash Rewards - 15K, BofA Amex - 15K, Barclay Black Card - 10K, Chase United Club - 9.6K, Chase Sapphire Preferred - 14k, Discover More - 7.5K, Citi Presitge - 20K, Nationwide Bank - 7.5K, Dillard's - 5K, JCP MasterCard - 12K, Capital One Venture - 3K, Capital One Quicksilver - 10k, Wells Fargo - 6K, Lowe's - 10K,
Message 13 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Venting

I agree. I looked in a subdivision that had brand new homes built that were ready for move in. You could choose to build a home but they had 6 already built in inventory and those homes usually have most the upgrades already. Our home is upgraded to the max. Good luck to you.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 16
tsu1112
New Contributor

Thanks for the help everyone. Those are all good suggestions but the community I am trying to buy does not build anymore. They are building in surrounding communities but not zoned to the schools in The Woodlands. So, we have chosen to keep looking here for the time being. I will certainly update with new info.

Message 15 of 16
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Best of luck. They building in my son's school district but not close enough to his current school so my son will be switching schools but his new school is in the same district. We wanted to have him stay at his current school but we couldn't find anything for sale that we liked and we are also on a short schedule and need to move out ASAP so we couldn't wait for a short sale we liked that was still in vicinity of his current school. We are saddened but we know he will adjust overtime and who knows, it may be better for him in the long run.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.