cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Veterans United Mortgage Experience ( please chime in with your home loan experience)

tag
Shermondria

Veterans United Mortgage Experience ( please chime in with your home loan experience)

So after stalking this board for the last year I was able to use some advice I've found on here and also from Veterans United Lighthouse program. My mortgage scores were in the low 500s. After PFD'ing my collections ( they were all medical) and paying down my CC my scores rose to the mid 600s. 

After the scores rose the Veterans United Lighthouse program informed me I met the score requirements to apply for the VA loan. A LO reached out to me the next day and after a conversation and providing all the documents requested a recieved a preapproval ( a few days later). I found a house and got under contract. The appraisal was ordered and I was told completed on Monday. The LO said he should receive the report within the next week. The closing is "pencil-ed" in for October 31st. While they are waiting on appraisal is my "packet" going through undewriting or will that happen afterwards? I have been so nervous literally everyday of this process. Anyone else have experience with Veterans United and their process? 

Starting Scores: Eq  559  Ex 603   Trans: 598

Current Score:  Eq 559 Ex 603   Trans 598

Goal Score all 650s

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Veterans United Mortgage Experience ( please chime in with your home loan experience)

@Shermondria wrote:

While they are waiting on appraisal is my "packet" going through undewriting or will that happen afterwards?

The most accurate answer will come from your loan officer, don't think you are ever "bugging them" with questions, as that is what they are there for.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
Shermondria

Re: Veterans United Mortgage Experience ( please chime in with your home loan experience)

Thank you! Im going to reach out today

Starting Scores: Eq  559  Ex 603   Trans: 598

Current Score:  Eq 559 Ex 603   Trans 598

Goal Score all 650s

Message 3 of 4
SSH0126
Established Contributor

sent you a pm. Shermondria

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.