Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?????

So, I started the pre-approval letter process, Saturday, Dec 20 at 2pm.  Lender called me right back, and said Credit looked good, just working on the numbers..asked for a few more things...W2s..and talked to him on Monday, said he is still working the numbers...then emailed me yesterday, Tuesday, Dec 23rd, and asked me where I want to be at sales price, monthly payments, and confirming again my down payment.  Answered the email, and never heard back.  Now, today, Wednesday, Dec 24 and nothing....what the heck?  Does it really take this long for a simple pre-approval letter?  In the mean time, today in the mail, I recieved a pre-selected letter from my credit union for a home loan, i am so tempted to call them and jump ship with my current lender.  He came so highly recommended, does it really take this long???? What gives???

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Re: WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG?????

This is normal. Plus, it's Christmas Eve. Don't expect your bank to have the same sense of anxious urgency that you do. Cat Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, good point hahaha...just thought in 2014 this would be a little faster Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Lot of people take off Christmas Eve and Christmas Day....

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.