Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wachovia asked for auto insurance under my name to be approved for refinancing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wachovia asked for auto insurance under my name to be approved for refinancing

Hello,
I recently applied for refinancing for my car through Wachovia and I got approved but they required me to have the car insurance under my name b/c they want to make sure that I am the driver of the car. (I bought this car for my parent so the insurance is not under my name but my parent. I am wondering if that's true with other banker? and Is refinance hurt my fico score?

Thanks,
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wachovia asked for auto insurance under my name to be approved for refinancing

I had a similar thing- I headed it off by having mom (MIL) on my car insurance-

Actually she STILL IS -

NeedHelp wrote:
Hello,
I recently applied for refinancing for my car through Wachovia and I got approved but they required me to have the car insurance under my name b/c they want to make sure that I am the driver of the car. (I bought this car for my parent so the insurance is not under my name but my parent. I am wondering if that's true with other banker? and Is refinance hurt my fico score?

Thanks,

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wachovia asked for auto insurance under my name to be approved for refinancing

Does a new Auto loan hurt your score?

Depends-
Most people take a small hit for the INQ and change to avg age-
Recovers in about 6 months-
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.