Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wait to lock in?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait to lock in?

I've been following the news a bit watching stocks fall and bonds rise.  My loan officer is still telling me that rates haven't changed this week.  Any thoughts from the wise mortgage people here?  Should I go ahead and lock in now or wait it out...I'm closing Dec. 3rd.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wait to lock in?

They are going up-
and then they will go up again,
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused.  I have been trying to educate myself on interst rates, and I am just confusing myself.  I watched the bond market all day yesterday thinking that when bonds were up, rates go down.  Is that wrong?  The market showed a -.10% yield change, but today rates were .10 higher....or at least that is what my loan officer said.  Can anyone enlighten me?  I could have locked in at 6.75% yesterday....today it's 6.875.  Should I take 6.875?  I'm confused!  
Message 3 of 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

When you find someone who can predict what the mortgage rate is going to do, please tell me!

And if you do think you have found someone, I have this bridge for sale in NY.....Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boy, thanks for the help.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it's worth, I'd lock now.  I think that the rates are going up.  Of course this is just my opinion, and we all know about opinions.  :-)

Van

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=loans&thread.id=667&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I have been right 4 months in a row-

Lock yesterday-
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.