cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We closed WITH Charge offs! It can be done!

tag
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: We closed WITH Charge offs! It can be done!

I would keep calling ACS, try to get up the chain a bit.. someone there has the power to fix this.

Message 41 of 49
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Really?  When I called this morning the last supervisor I spoke with said "I can see you called about this same thing on 12/5, and were told the reporting stands"  They told me to stop calling and asking.  I would keep on calling, but I am seriously getting in trouble for spending so much time trying to fix this when I should be working.  I get so upset that I feel like I am going to throw up and I get absolutely no where with them.

Message 42 of 49
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

When they say stop calling, ask to speak with their boss =)

Message 43 of 49
Deepauk
Established Member

Hi Mathew,

I am in the same boat and was turned down due to charge off in my credit.. I spent couple of hours everyday and collections call me.I ignore their call since I do not know what to do..

Feb 2009 - Foreclosure on 1st. and Second Loan - Charged off Unpaid. 

a) Do i Need to pay the collection ( second is 89,000 /- Showing as zero in my CR. with a status as CO )

b) I am trying to figure out the SOL period for all HELOC loans in Virginia.

Can you tell me how did you settle with these guys..

please let me know..

D

Message 44 of 49
Melissa733

Message 45 of 49
phumanr
Frequent Contributor

All,

I got so excited about my loan closing...didn't even update this link. I closed on 12/28/12. i have been enjoying my house for the past few months. Feels really great to be a homeowner again. Please read my story on page 1 or 2 for those people who are in a difficult credit rebuild situation. It can be done with patience and persistance.

Regards,

Phumanr

Message 46 of 49
scmami
Regular Contributor

Congrats to you phumanr! I know you went through a lot. We will have been in our house 6 months on May 15th! And our credit is steadily improving. You guys who are reading this, you can do it!
Current FICOs (Sept 2015) EQ: 666 TU: 663
Message 47 of 49
Section700
Valued Member

So 6/6 will be 2 years from my BK7 discharge. I have been working my ass off (2 full time jobs 100+ hrs/week, reading everything on here, and using all the tricks to fix up my credit). I will find out my scores beginning of June and I will have under 5% util at that time. I should be closing in on 700 at the high end and 670-680 at worst. 

Any advice before I apply for a mortgage? It will have to be FHA. Anything you guys can share about what to do or NOT to do would be greatly appreciated!

Chapter 7 Discharged 6/7/11
Sallie Mae 23k @ 4.5% (student loans) reaffirmed
First Premier 700CL opened 07/11 (CLOSED 06/14)
Wells Fargo 15k @ 10.5% opened 10/11 (auto loan)
Barclays Rewards MC 1500CL opened 12/12
Capital One Spark 2500CL opened 02/14
Discover IT 1000CL opened 03/14
As of 11/20/14 myFICO: EQ 675, TU 657, EX 684
Message 48 of 49
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Get a broker and a realtor.  Try to find referrals from people who have had good experiences.

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.