cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Deed in Lieu

tag
ShortRedHot

Wells Fargo Deed in Lieu

Not sure if this question is on the right thread or not.....

My husband has a deed-in-lieu from WF from May 2013. He recently applied for a USDA mortgage through a local lender and was told that WF reports the balance is still due even after he sent a copy of the Deed that was filed in FL

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Deed in Lieu

@ShortRedHot wrote:

Not sure if this question is on the right thread or not.....

My husband has a deed-in-lieu from WF from May 2013. He recently applied for a USDA mortgage through a local lender and was told that WF reports the balance is still due even after he sent a copy of the Deed that was filed in FL

wf reporting it still due on the credit report?  that can be fixed. if you have the paperwork.

loan officer cant do that for you?  find another loan officer.

i have heard that sometimes it takes the bank forever to foreclose... so i dont think we have enough info here

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
ShortRedHot

Re: Wells Fargo Deed in Lieu

Thanks for the response DallasLoanGuy.

I provided certified copies of the Release of Mortgage and the Deed In Lieu that were filed in our county in  FL 06/2013 (last payment was 12/2010) however the loan officer says WF is still reporting the amount due of $200K+ for the USDA loan. He's also been pre-approved by Veterans United and they have not asked for any additional paperwork regarding this prior VA loan. So I think you're right that it may just be that USDA loan officer. (The USDA loan officer was able to tell us that his CAIVRS was clear)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.