Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

West Virginia USDA loan with a 622 middle FICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: West Virginia USDA loan with a 622 middle FICO

errr, No I wasnt... Fico 2 for mortgage is 629 .... but my fico 5 for mortgage is 595... well CRAP!!!!

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bit the bullet and went to see a lender...........

Credit pulled at a 629 and the lender suggested he could get me in a a USDA loan at 4.25% locked. Nice right? Here is the kicker.

I have been using Lexington Law to repair my credit and I have a few accounts in dispute right now. I have to get the disputes removed and that may affect my credit score.

If my credit score drops any more, I may not make it through underwriting. Also he will not give me a pre-approval letter unless I can bring my score over 640 with no disputes. So, I can try and remove all the disputes, put in a bid on a house and go for it. Or wait it out......     Wait it out means I start my daughter in a school that she will not be attending once we are able to buy a house.  What I don't want to happen is to go under contract only to have financing fall through.....         Funny, in my line of work, high stress is just everyday life, but, WOW is this a whole new level of worry. The waiting and inability to be immediately effective to assist the outcome is torture.

Message 12 of 15
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currenty I am working with lexington law to repair my credit and I have a few accounts in dispute right now. I have to get the disputes removed and that may affect my credit score.

Lexington Law doesn't do anything that you can't do for yourself.

You can dispute things on your credit report which is all they do...   Hopefully you aren't paying them any more than 3 or 4 cents a month that you'll find in the cushions of your couch or in the bottom of the washing machine.

Anything more than that and you are getting ripped off.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 13 of 15
Lemmus
Established Contributor

^^^^+++++ Lexington Law will suck you dry ...think about it, the longer it takes to clear all your negatives, the longer they get to tap your bank account ...then look at what they actually do after the first flurry of activity ...it becomes a waiting game on a slow boat to nowhere ...except the vacuum cleaner attached to your wallet.

...as for USDA, find a mortgage broker or lender who has experience bundling them ...a good realtor in your area should know at least a couple since WV is prime USDA territory ...just because USDA covers your dp doesn't mean you won't have closing costs ...your best bet is a contract which has the seller paying 6% of the contract price toward buyer closing costs ...any competent realtor will know how to write that contract ...and if they are good, will have a clue about which buyers are motivated to accept

...once you have a realtor and lender in your corner, its just a matter of patience, persistence, and discipline ...within the pre-approval number the lender gives you ...decide how much you can COMFORTABLY afford toward the monthly PITI+MI ...plug those numbers into the on-line calcs to get a max mortgage amount and STICK TO IT ...both the lender and realtor will, intentionally or not, try to get you to spend more ...don't do it ...have the patience to wait for the right property for your situation, not Camelot ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

...the lender suggested he could get me in a a USDA loan at 4.25% locked...

An actual pre-approval in hand and a a lender "suggesting" he can get you pre-approved are two very different things. Without that pre-approval you aren't in position to make any offers. So, really, you have no choice but to wait. But if getting into a new home before your daughter starts school is the goal - you have time. The school year in West Virgina does not start until mid to late August. That affords you the time to get your affairs in order to qualify for a loan. If you are sitting at 629 when you need a 640 to qualify for pre-approval, underwriting is a moot point. One step at a time... Set the goal that within the next 5 months (between now and the start of the school year) you will get your scores to within qualifying levels. Then, and only then, can you talk about putting offers in. If it happens in the next week or month - awesome. If not, don't stress. Just keep pushing forward with the goal of getting into a home by the start of the school year. Once you have pre-approval, it can move at a faster pace. But you need to clear that hurdle first.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.