Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the bankers trying to tell me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What are the bankers trying to tell me?

I got all the baddies off my credit report and my middle score is now in the 680's (up 100 points in a couple of months). I have no debt so my payment ratios are 23% and 23%. I am looking for a 65% LTV loan. My business has not shown a profit in the past 2 years because I have been plowing all the money back into it, but I have more than enough provable income in Pensions and Social Security. I have zeroed in on the house I want to put on my free-and-clear land and it looks like the mortgage will be for $95,000 +/- $5,000. Now I am trying to see what teh financing will look like and I am hitting a brick wall. No banker will giove me a Good Faith Estimate of teh costs of the loan, interest rate and closing costs except one, and in that GFE the numbers don't add up (meaning 1+1+1 does not equal 5, simple math like that).

It seems that the bankers are all shying away from me. They ask for 100+ pages of documentation and I provide it - tax returns, 1099s, bank statements, passports - you name it. As soon as they get it they vanish and seem to cut off all communication with me. Since they won't give me any informatiuon without pulling  my credit, I now have a dozen inquiries on each Bureau and I am puttinga  stop to that insanity. No more applications.

They seem to be telling me that the house won't appraise for what it is supposed to. Is that a possibility? If so, I need to renegotiate the sales price, but will that matter?

Worst case scenario - I stay in the house I have now for 2 more years (it is free and clear) and pay cash for the new house. What signal am I missing? It seems they are completely ignoring everything I say - on the bank statements they wanted me to explain EVERY deposit (even the ones from Social Security and the pensions). It just seems they are looking for any reason to deny the loan and will not stop until they find or make one.

5 REPLIES 5
kc0039
Established Contributor

Re: What are the bankers trying to tell me?

Are you trying to do a cross-collateralized loan?

Licensed in IL
Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

yeah, we scrutinize EVERYTHING these days. to the point that it stops being funny after a while.

as for the business income. the mortgage lender will calculate income the same way you did for the irs. you didnt make money? then how are you paying for the house?

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

yeah, we scrutinize EVERYTHING these days. to the point that it stops being funny after a while.

as for the business income. the mortgage lender will calculate income the same way you did for the irs. you didnt make money? then how are you paying for the house?

How am I paying for the house? $40,000+ a year in pensions and Social Security, all of which is provable. The maximum loan will be $95,000, no other debt $300,000 in assets of which over $50,000 is cash. I provide over 100 pages of documentation and it seems like a lot of trees dying for no good reaon.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kc0039 wrote:

Are you trying to do a cross-collateralized loan?

Nope, a simple construction loan with 1/3 down.

Message 5 of 6
kc0039
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

How am I paying for the house? $40,000+ a year in pensions and Social Security, all of which is provable. The maximum loan will be $95,000, no other debt $300,000 in assets of which over $50,000 is cash. I provide over 100 pages of documentation and it seems like a lot of trees dying for no good reaon.

If you are showing a loss in your business, we have to count that loss against you. We can't ignore it. We'll only ignore it if you're making money BUT you qualify for your social security and pension alone. We still have to calculate all the income

Licensed in IL
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.