DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

Re: What are you waiting for today?

Waiting on the appraisal.

Message 202 of 210
jbrv
Established Member

Today we waiting to hear back on negotiations with the sellers, who failed to disclose a crack in the foundation of their crawl space to us (although it was found during the home inspection they had when they bought the house - so they totally knew about it).  They don't want to do anything about it so far.....grrrrrrr.   There's water coming in through it, which isn't good.

Also waiting on the VA appraisal - which was ordered EIGHT days ago!  Apparently it was assigned to someone on 7/10, they accepted it but then went on vacation....and we are trying to close on 7/31 so we need to get 'er done!  LO just put a call in and they have re-assigned it to someone else with a "please rush" status.

AND it's our 4th day in underwriting but we haven't heard back regarding that yet either.

Message 203 of 210
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

All of the papers have been signed by me and the seller.  Escrow has been opened.  My finanance guy is calculating the figures for a good faith estimate and will be sending that to me today.  

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 204 of 210
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Clear to close as of this morning. Based on LO conversation with the escrow officer yesterday, the sellers side (asset manager) needs to approve the deed of trust and HUD of which the closing dates must all match, this takes 24-72 hours to complete for the seller. In short, as long as this is all accomplished over the next couple of days the sellers will release transaction for closing early.

Message 205 of 210
songsofexperience
Frequent Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:
Clear to close as of this morning. Based on LO conversation with the escrow officer yesterday, the sellers side (asset manager) needs to approve the deed of trust and HUD of which the closing dates must all match, this takes 24-72 hours to complete for the seller. In short, as long as this is all accomplished over the next couple of days the sellers will release transaction for closing early.

sweet! congrats!

Starting Score: 2/2013 EQ 535
Current Score My Fico: 5/23 EQ 808| EX 812 | TU 800
Message 206 of 210
justrock
Frequent Contributor

I put an offer in on a lovely house yesterday.  It's everything I ever wanted.  Unfortunately it's listed at $9000 over my max budget.  I threw every penny I have at ti and now just waiting.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Message 207 of 210
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@justrock wrote:

I put an offer in on a lovely house yesterday.  It's everything I ever wanted.  Unfortunately it's listed at $9000 over my max budget.  I threw every penny I have at ti and now just waiting.

Crossing my fingers for you.  Offering less than asking is expected except in a tight market area.

Message 208 of 210
Anonymous
Not applicable

I m waiting to hear from the seller's bank to see if they are going to agree to the short sale offer I put in on house.

Message 209 of 210
justrock
Frequent Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@justrock wrote:

Crossing my fingers for you.  Offering less than asking is expected except in a tight market area.

Thanks.  I'm not in a tight market at all, Ulster County New York.  The other house I like has been on the market for  two years with not one offer.  This one though is only on the market 14 days.

Starting Score: 597
Current Score: TU 720 EQ 648
Goal Score: 750

Message 210 of 210
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.