Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What do I do?

So long story short, husband worked at a temp agency for 3 1/3 years for same company. The company hired him on January 1st this year. I have been with a mortgage company trying to buy the same house since October and we got scores for both past 620 in October, I been with the state 8 years and now he is permanent. It seems my file has been in underwriting for 3 months, and I'm getting the run around. They denied me for usda and said they could do alabama housing and then denied me for that. They swear they can get fha if I pay 3.5%. I agreed and he said my score dropped to 616 but my husband score is 640ish but the computer gave him an approve accept and that was 3 weeks ago. They sent it back to underwriting to see if fha was good and they keep talking about they are waiting on loan commitee. 3 weeks of this. He says that even though we received approve/ accept it still has to be approved by underwriters. I have a lady that says she can get it done and I have already done inspection and approval on this house, dont wanna lose the house by switching lenders but I feel like I have no other choice? Please help
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

Re: What do I do?

Sounds like it's time to switch lenders.....

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 2 of 5
kc0039
Established Contributor

Time to switch lenders

Licensed in IL
Message 3 of 5
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
So long story short, husband worked at a temp agency for 3 1/3 years for same company. The company hired him on January 1st this year. I have been with a mortgage company trying to buy the same house since October and we got scores for both past 620 in October, I been with the state 8 years and now he is permanent. It seems my file has been in underwriting for 3 months, and I'm getting the run around. They denied me for usda and said they could do alabama housing and then denied me for that. They swear they can get fha if I pay 3.5%. I agreed and he said my score dropped to 616 but my husband score is 640ish but the computer gave him an approve accept and that was 3 weeks ago. They sent it back to underwriting to see if fha was good and they keep talking about they are waiting on loan commitee. 3 weeks of this. He says that even though we received approve/ accept it still has to be approved by underwriters. I have a lady that says she can get it done and I have already done inspection and approval on this house, dont wanna lose the house by switching lenders but I feel like I have no other choice? Please help

Hi Stephanievc,

It's time to switch lenders.

Good luck.

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 4 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

October? Yes, it's definitely time to switch lenders.

Having a Realtor would have helped because they would have dropped this lender in November.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.