cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do I need to do to prepare for a mortgage?

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: What do I need to do to prepare for a mortgage?

ROFL oh YES and speaking of which if OP Has a 401K you can use that in part for your DP as well so you aren't taking out your entire savings (dumb move I did which I didn't know was an option until later) Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

ROFL oh YES and speaking of which if OP Has a 401K you can use that in part for your DP as well so you aren't taking out your entire savings (dumb move I did which I didn't know was an option until later) Smiley Very Happy

Yes I'm actually starting a new job at the end of the next week (much better than my current job) that has a good 401k plan that I'm planning to do just this with!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

GO TEAM!   *high fives* 

Message 13 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

*Side note*    If you are adding this job like a second job good but keep in mind they do like you to be at your same job at least 2 years.     So when it boils down to underwritting they will likely bring that up 

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, that's something that I really kind of pondered, but at the end of the day I'm gonna be making a lot more money at my new job so hopefully it helps me more than hurts me 

Message 15 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Income increase is always a good thing and Congrats on the new job as well Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Another side note since your Age is over the 1 year mark I personally wouldn't add any new credit of any kind period that would mess that up that age for either of you I think that will play in your favor as well 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

This month I got a new card which was the NFCU cash rewards, and now I'm done, gotta let these things age a little now lol I should honest;y garden either way

Message 18 of 20
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

YES please do since now your Age will drop for sure but hopefully it's up enough to be back close to the 1 year mark or over when you are house ready Smiley Very Happy    but it looks like it will be 7/8 months if my Maths are right lol

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

YES please do since now your Age will drop for sure but hopefully it's up enough to be back close to the 1 year mark or over when you are house ready Smiley Very Happy    but it looks like it will be 7/8 months if my Maths are right lol

As a kicker, by the time I close on my house I'll be under the 5/24 chase rule, so I can celebrate with a new Saphhire Reserve Smiley LOL

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.