cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What document do I need to prove my property did not go into foreclosure?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What document do I need to prove my property did not go into foreclosure?

I own a property free and clear, about 6 yrs ago, due to overseas travel and loan transfer to another lender, my automatic payments went to original lender, so the new one thought no payments received and filed a complaint...when i came back after 5 months, I immediately paid off the mortgage and was done. Mortgage was filed in county as paid-off.

So this is considered pre-foreclosure I think...

Now when im applying for mortage, I gave them the filing of payoff but they are asking, we need proof property did not go into actual foreclosure and that it was foreclosed Upon

So pls let me know what I need to provide, any help is greatly appreciated as this is urgent thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What document do I need to prove my property did not go into foreclosure?

@Anonymous Find the court case online and get a copy of the order of dismissal.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You’ll probably have to get a certified copy
Message 3 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

What type of mortgage are you applying for?

Do you still own the home and have you continually owned the home since you initially purchased it?  If so, then it hasn't been foreclosed on.

Do you no longer own the home and did you sell it via a regular sale?  If so, then the final settlement statement for the sale would prove it wasn't foreclosed on because you sold it on your own.

A preforeclosure sale or short sale is the sale of a property in lieu of a foreclosure resulting in a payoff of less than the total amount owed.  The key word is sale.  If it wasn't sold and you still currently own it, then the only thing that happened is you going late on your mortgage.  Underwriting will need to review the mortgage payment history on it to determine if it meets guidelines.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks all

@ShanetheMortgageMan , the underwriting is really stupid...yes i have owned the home, no short sale, it needs to be processed as late exactly...yet those people keep asking me the same question without thinking...which is weird,....

Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Write/sign/date a letter of explanation "The home at ______________ hasn't ever been foreclosed on.  The mortgage on it had late payments which stopped once I paid the balance in full.  The mortgage payment history is reflected on my credit report and I assume has been analyzed by automated underwriting."

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.