cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What exactly does clear to close mean?

tag
Happytobe

What exactly does clear to close mean?

Does that mean everything complete?  and I mean everything..last min credit checks etc. . My apologies, probably redundant.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Mrs_hambright
Frequent Contributor

Re: What exactly does clear to close mean?

Yes.. That's exactly what it means!' All conditions are clear & you will close on your home on the schedule day
Message 2 of 8
Peter1142
Established Contributor

No that is not true. In my case, it meant the underwriter was done with the file and approved it, but I still had to go through routine quality control and final credit SP.

There are no guarantees these days until your loan has been funded. In some rarer cases they will check your credit AFTER closing.
Message 3 of 8
Happytobe

Thank you

Message 4 of 8
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Don't worry as long as there is nothing new you'll be fine!

Message 5 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

The lender's closing department issues the clear to close ... not the underwriter.

Message 6 of 8
OnOurWayHome
Established Member

Clear to close means you are completely good to go and you will close .  The time when the underwriter has finished everything he needs to do is conditional or full approval

@Peter1142 wrote:
No that is not true. In my case, it meant the underwriter was done with the file and approved it, but I still had to go through routine quality control and final credit SP.

There are no guarantees these days until your loan has been funded. In some rarer cases they will check your credit AFTER closing.
Message 7 of 8
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@OnOurWayHome wrote:

Clear to close means you are completely good to go and you will close .  The time when the underwriter has finished everything he needs to do is conditional or full approval

@Peter1142 wrote:

I agree with Peter. A clear to close does not guarantee a close. The lenders closing department has to complete several checks, collect some docs, prepare the HUD-1 statement, review it with the borrower, etc ... before a closing can occur. I have seen deals die AFTER the clear to close.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.