cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between a Loan Officer, Sr. Loan Processor, & Underwriter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the difference between a Loan Officer, Sr. Loan Processor, & Underwriter?

Anyone?

During the initial process, I was refered to a Loan Officer who then transfered me to a Sr. Loan Processor to collect more information on my file. Now my file is in undewriting. I am going through First Home Mortgage (www.gofirsthome.com). The Sr. Loan Processor stated that from her end she believes everything will go through smoothly. She asked for letters, statements in writing, etc.. It was transfered to the Underwriter on Wed. evening I believe. The Sr. Loan Processor told me we should expect the approval Monday or Tuesday.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: What is the difference between a Loan Officer, Sr. Loan Processor, & Underwriter?

The Loan Officer if your point of contact.

Loan Processor collects documents and gets the file ready for underwriting.

Underwriting is the final approval (or denial or give me this...) for funding.

Congratulations!  Almost to the end!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the difference between a Loan Officer, Sr. Loan Processor, & Underwriter?

Thanks!

So if the Loan Processor thinks my file is going to get approved, it's good to say my chances or good?

Message 3 of 9
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Um, really no saying, but you can hold onto that star of hope.

The underwriters are fameous for coming back with UNBELIEVABLE conditions!   Think happy, good, positive thoughts and let things go their course.

On a happy note, it's the loan processors job to make sure the file is complete and to anticipate anything the UW might request.   So in theory, yes, if the LP thinks it's good to go, it should be good to go!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I pray the UW is nice. We're suppose to go to closing next friday. So any conditions will probably make us miss the closing.

Message 5 of 9
IOBA
Senior Contributor

I am excited for you!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. However, I'm not getting my hopes up until I have the keys in my hand...or at least until I get this loan approval. I'm extremely nervous at this point.

Message 7 of 9
ripper998
New Contributor

just do what I did and think happy thoughts, jumping everytime an email came in.  Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully it wont take long in UW, ours took less then a day to get approved.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL. Yeah, everytime an email comes in my heart skips a beat. It went into underwriting late Wed. The Sr. Loan Processor told me we should get the approval early next week (Mon. or Tues). She sounds very optomistic about it getting approved, so I guess that is a good sign.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.