cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is up with our processor?

tag
SouthernCharmz

What is up with our processor?

We have been in the process of buying a home since March. We got some preliminary conditions from our LO but nothing we couldn’t handle. The paid what needed to be paid, sent proof, etc. put a contract on a house at the end of April with a 30 day close. The processor said everything was fine and she had everything she needed and then all of a sudden last week she hit us with a bunch of request less than 7 days before the closing date. We get her everything pretty quickly but new request keep coming, then she ask for stuff we already sent. Then she tells us the taxes came back higher than the estimate and out DTI is now too high but we can just pay off 3 collections and get a cheaper insurance policy to fix it issue. But we paid these collections back in early April. Why does she not know this? We submitted the proof. This causes the closing to be moved 1 day, which moved my sellers closing. The she says we only gave 9 months of rental verification...uh she only asked for our current one not previous. Our previous property reported to the credit bureau so it’s on dh’s credit report. Again why does she not know this? The closing has moved from Thursday to Friday to ( holiday Monday) Tuesday and now Wednesday! How long is this going to go on for? She’s always saying she handled whatever issue pops up then it’s suddenly not fixed it she needs something else. It was sent back to underwriting this afternoon and I’m hopeful that we will be good to go. What can we do to make sure we actually close Wednesday? Are they just going to keep hitting us with more conditions? Why did they not ask us for this stuff when we first went under contract? This feels so unprofessional...this is going to be a long stressful weekend.
3 REPLIES 3
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Re: What is up with our processor?

I know it’s frustrating, but it does happen.

It could be because someone higher up is saying she needs stuff. I believe a lot of processors does not keep things on file because they get so much in they would run out of computer space and would have to purge their system files all the time. 

Im not a processor, just guessing. But I know I’m carrying around a thumb drive with all my stuff on it so I can react when I’m asked for stuff. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 2 of 4
NC_Mtg_Loaner
Valued Contributor

most of the time it's easier to simply ask for the items than it is to dig through to voluminous amount of data that you've already provided to the company.  

Understand that the average processor does this for a dozen buyers a week?  40-50 a month?  somewhere someone overlooked something you already sent in or maybe they are just pulling a crazy Ivan to make sure  you can present what proof you are required on a dime.  Just get 'em what they need and be ready for whatever's next.

Congrats...

Licensed NC Mortgage Loan Originator
Message 3 of 4
avp99
Frequent Contributor

Hang in there and keep your eyes on the prize !  very soon they will hand over the keys to your new house

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.