cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does mortgage report paid on credit report?

tag
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

When does mortgage report paid on credit report?

I used a VA loan, had for 2-3 years, and sold and closed on the house in December. Six months later and still on my credit report? Is this normal? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: When does mortgage report paid on credit report?

Doesn't sound typical, I'd recommend you call the old mortgage company up and ask if they show the balance is $0 in their records.  Assuming they confirm it is, then a follow up question is when do they plan on reporting that to the credit bureaus. 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 5
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

Thank you Shane. This is my first rodeo buying + selling. I will inquire tomorrow and see what they say.

Message 3 of 5
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

Well I called them on Monday and they said they would look into it. They sounded confused over the phone....have yet to hear anything back.

Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Another route you might be able to go is to dispute the paid off mortgage on credit as an incorrect balance.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.