cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is credit report updated after 2 year short sale anniversay?

tag
RefiAfterShortSale

When is credit report updated after 2 year short sale anniversay?

I had a short sale 2 years ago and my "anniversary" is August 18th 2011 - in ten days.  It's my understanding that my score should Jump at this two year time period (everything else is squeaky clean).  What is the DATE that my credit score would be updated?  August 19th? September?  Or would it be updated NOW?  I'm wondering when would be the BEST time to have my credit pulled to start working on a refinance.  I'm anxious to refinance my primary home to settle my divorce agreement but this short sale waiting period is killiing me.  I need a median of 720 and I've been stuck in the low 700s.  Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When is credit report updated after 2 year short sale anniversay?

I would give it 30 days.

Message 2 of 7
203bravo
Established Contributor

Where did you come by the information that your score would automatically increase 2 years post short sale?

Message 3 of 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

I think OP is just assuming that his/her score will jump because the 2-year "anniversary" for baddies tends to result in score increase. Many others have experienced this as their baddies age, though it's certainly not a rule.

OP - My guess is that, if you will see an increase at all, you will see it anytime from the next day to about 30-45 days of the exact anniversary date. It usually takes a month or so for the info to update and everything to shake out. I recently had some inquiries age past the 1 year mark and I actually received alerts of the score increase the very next day, but I think that's unusual.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 4 of 7
203bravo
Established Contributor

ah that makes sense.. but i dare say that a 2 year old short sale will not garner a magic 20 point jump.. but will be interested to see if it does.

Message 5 of 7
RefiAfterShortSale

Thanks for your responses.  I will keep you posted on what I see.  My median score has been around 715 keeping me from assuming my currrent loan (need median of 720 for loan assumption).  On August 19th, I'll be able to fully refinance, but the question remains on what kind of loan I could get based on my score.  Whenever a lender pulls my score, it still ALWAYS differs from what I see on MyFico.com...typically the lenders pull reflects something lower than what I see on myfico..... 

Message 6 of 7
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

The only real FICO scores you can pull here are TU and EQ... however, the EQ should always match exactly because it's the exact same formula most lenders use. I just applied for a mortgage about 2 months ago and the EQ matched exactly. Generally, lenders use a newer version of TU (TU04 vs. TU98) and the formulas are a little different so lenders will often see a slightly different score. I believe there was about a 10 point difference for me, though fortunately, the lender's score was the higher one.

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.