Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When seeking an fha loan......

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When seeking an fha loan......

Hi,

What is the best way to seek and fha loan. Go direct to fha or use a broker? I have also seen people mention different fha loans such as direct, guaranteed, what is the difference?

Thanks for your help! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When seeking an fha loan......

FHA doesn't give out loans directly. They just insure loans; you need to obtain an FHA mortgage through a bank. I don't really think it makes a difference whether you apply directly through a bank or a broker, it's the loan officer that you work with that makes a difference. Maybe some other people can chime in with their experiences, but when I went directly to a bank, I found them to have higher rates and be a little less organized. I like having a broker take care of a lot of the work for me.

The direct and guaranteed loans you mention are under the USDA program and are different than FHA loans. I don't know about these because they're only for rural areas and I live in NYC but I'm sure someone else could help you out!

Message 2 of 3
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: When seeking an fha loan......

fha isnt a lender.

contact a broker or banker

i recommend that you seek a referral from a friend, family member or coworker, ect to a loan officer they used and were happy with it

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.