Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to try to get approved??

tag
MissKay
Contributor

When to try to get approved??

I had a lender pull in the beginning of February and my TU08 was 566 and EQ was 595. My current EQ is 649. I pulled myfico TU score and it was 555 after I had cleaned up some things and the EQ score had jumped over 50 points. The reports are pretty similar. I am still working on a couple more items, but my question is, since the myfico TUscore is not what the lenders will use, how do I know when to try with the lender again? I only need 620 since I'm going with a VA loan. I don't wasn't a hard pull for nothing.

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: When to try to get approved??

@MissKay wrote:
I had a lender pull in the beginning of February and my TU08 was 566 and EQ was 595. My current EQ is 649. I pulled myfico TU score and it was 555 after I had cleaned up some things and the EQ score had jumped over 50 points. The reports are pretty similar. I am still working on a couple more items, but my question is, since the myfico TUscore is not what the lenders will use, how do I know when to try with the lender again? I only need 620 since I'm going with a VA loan. I don't wasn't a hard pull for nothing.

Lenders will use your middle score. So unless you can find out what your Experian score is there is no real way for any one here to make an assumption. The 2 reports TU and EQ are almost 100 points in difference between the 2. If you are saying they are almost identical I am very unsure of why there is a 100 point difference.

IMO I would make sure that both your TU and EQ are at least 620 before trying again and if possible a little higher then 620, this would give you more of a better chance that you acheive a middle score of 620 to qualify.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone tell me how to post my own message? I realize that sounds REALLY dumb :-)  I have been everywhere on here trying to find out how and cant seem to figure it out.  Thank you to anyone who will help this moron!

Message 3 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone tell me how to post my own message? I realize that sounds REALLY dumb :-)  I have been everywhere on here trying to find out how and cant seem to figure it out.  Thank you to anyone who will help this moron!

Welcome to myFICO.

It's not a dumb question at all. I've been here almost 3 years and I still find things I was unaware of.

Let's say you want to start a thread in Mortgage Loans. Click on the link for that board. You will then see on the left near the top of the screen under Announcements the button "New Message". Click it and you'll see a screen where you can put in a title and the body of your message. When you are done you hit "Post".

Message 4 of 6
chan85
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

On the main page there is a button that says new message

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. Found it!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.